THE WAY TO GROW
There are many ways in which we grow.
We can be 'Born again', and we can change our life style. We can
start to live the good life. Let me give you some ways to grow
that I recently found in a devotional booklet. They are rules
that can improve your general health and they will help your spiritual
- Daily Food - take in the "pure
milk of the word" through study and meditation.
- Fresh Air - Pray often, as Prayer
is the oxygen of the soul.
- Regular Exercise - put into practice
what you learn in God's word.
- Adequate Rest - rely on God at all
times in simple faith.
- Clean Surrounding - avoid evil company
and whatever will weaken you spiritually. Stay positive.
- Loving Care - be part of a church
or other group that you will benefit from its teaching and fellowship.
- Periodic Checkups - regularity examine
your physical and spiritual health. Do what is necessary to keep
As we find in Luke 3:11, "He answered
and said to them, "He who has two tunics, let him give to
him who has none- and he who has food, let him do likewise."
This was John the Baptist preparing the way. We can also prepare
the way and grow ourselves, if we try to live right - meaning
- live by a set of rules that will make you happy and healthy
both physically and spiritually.
--By Rev. Virginia Marrazzo